Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale—Fourth Edition: Canadian
WAIS–IV / WMS–IV and ACS combination kits—Purchase two or all three kits together and save!
The Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale®: Canadian with Canadian norms is the gold–standard assessment instrument to measure cognitive ability in adults. The new fourth edition, the WAIS®–IVCDN, builds on the solid psychometric properties and features of its predecessor while offering valuable revisions and enhancements to provide you with the most advanced measure of cognitive ability–and results you can trust.
Norms to Age 90
The new WAIS®–IVCDN, includes normative data for ages 16 to 90, based on a fully stratified representative Canadian sample. Special attention was paid to the assessment of older adults, enhancing the clinical utility for the aging population.
Improved Psychometric Properties
Besides updated norms, the WAIS®–IVCDN, features improved subtest and composite reliability as well as reduced item bias. It also has improved floors and ceilings to enhance its specificity in testing individuals with higher and lower cognitive functioning. New optional index scores reflect current research and theory.
Updated Structural Foundations
- Transitioned from Dual IQ to Index Score Structure–Consistent with the WPPSI®–IIICDN and WISC®–IVCDN , fewer subtests yield FSIQ and 4 Index Scores (Verbal Comprehension, Perceptual Reasoning, Working Memory, Processing Speed)
- Inclusion of Growth/Decline Scores
- Renamed Perceptual Organization Index (POI) as the Perceptual Reasoning Index (PRI)
- New Measure of Fluid Intelligence–New subtests measure fluid reasoning (Visual Puzzles and Figure Weights)
- Enhanced Measure of Working Memory–Revised Arithmetic subtest to emphasize Working Memory; revised Digit Span subtest to emphasize Working Memory by adding a Digit Sequencing task; retained auditory Working Memory measures
- Improved Measure of Processing Speed–Reduced fine motor demands; inclusion of additional supplemental subtest (Cancellation)
Increased Developmental Appropriateness and User Friendliness
- Reduced administration time to effectively increase the diagnostic utility of the WAIS®–IVCDN
- Revised instructions as well as added demonstration and sample items to ensure clarity and proper understanding of tasks
- Reduced vocabulary-level for verbatim instructions
- Reduced emphasis on motor demands and timed performance
- Enlarged visual stimuli
- Expanded sample responses
- Simplified technical manual organization
- Redesigned record form
- Increased test portability
- New clinically sensitive supplemental subtests
The WAIS®–IVCDN clinical group studies include adults with clinical diagnoses of mental retardation, hearing impairment, reading disability, math disability, attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder, schizophrenia, traumatic brain injury, chronic alcohol abuse, Huntington's disease, Korsakoff's syndrome, Parkinson's disease, and Alzheimer's disease. In addition, the fourth edition now also includes adults with mild impairment and borderline intellectual functioning.
Validity and Linking Studies with the New WAIS®–IVCDN, WF:ASCDN, WIAT–II, and Upcoming WIAT–IIICDN
The WAIS®–IVCDN includes a validity study with the new WMS–IVCDN as well as a linking study with the new WF:ASCDN to allow you to conduct ability-achievement discrepancy analysis. It also includes a linking study with the WIAT–II, using U.S. correlation data, for ages 16–19:11, as well as the upcoming WIAT–IIICDN. The General Ability Index (GAI) is also provided.
|WAIS–IV CDN Subtest Grouped According to Index Scores|
|Perceptual Reasoning||Block Design|
|Figure Weights (Ages16-69)|
|Letter-Number Sequencing (Ages 16-69)|
|Cancellation (Ages 16-69)|
|Note: Supplemental subtests are shown in italics.|
The time-saving WAIS–IVCDN Scoring Assistant helps you score and report test results quickly and easily. Concise score reports are generated automatically from your PC by simply entering raw scores. The WAIS–IVCDN Scoring Assistant is part of the PsychCorpCenter platform, which allows you access to other scoring applications for potential cross battery analysis.
New: WAIS–IVCDN Report Writer
In addition to the capabilities of the Scoring Assistant, the Report Writer provides individualized, comprehensive narrative reports that go beyond scores, tables, and graphs as well as non-technical client reports.
Tablet-based Administration for the WAIS–IVCDN
Stimulus books, record forms, and administration instructions are in one place, increasing portability. On-the-fly scoring increases efficiency of administration and reduces overall assessment time.
For more information, please visit HelloQ.ca.
|7747-5574-1||WAIS®–IV CDN: Basic Kit without Scoring Assistant||$1851.00
|7747-5644-6||WAIS®–IV CDN: Complete Kit in Box with Report Writer||$2351.00
|7747-5570-9||WAIS®–IV CDN: Complete Kit in Box with Scoring Assistant|
Includes Administration and Scoring Manual, Technical Manual, 2 Stimulus Books, 25 Record Forms, 25 Response Booklet #1, 25 Response Booklet #2, Symbol Search Scoring Key, Coding Scoring Key, Cancellation Scoring Templates, Block Design Cubes, Scoring Software.
|7747-5645-4||WAIS®–IV CDN: Complete Kit in Hard Case with Report Writer||$2440.00
|7747-5569-5||WAIS®–IV CDN: Complete Kit in Hard Case with Scoring Assistant|
Includes Contents as Listed Above Plus Attaché Case.
|7747-5581-4||WAIS®–IV CDN: Complete Kit in Hard Case without Scoring Assistant||$1939.00
|7747-5646-2||WAIS®–IV CDN: Complete Kit in Soft Case with Report Writer||$2440.00
|7747-5568-7||WAIS®–IV CDN: Complete Kit in Soft Case with Scoring Assistant|
Includes Contents as Listed Above Plus Soft-side Carrying Case.
|7747-5625-X||WAIS®–IV CDN: Complete Kit in Soft Case without Scoring Assistant||$1939.00